If you follow me on Instagram, you'd know that I eat pasta about once a week. If I had it my way, I'd eat it at least a few times a week. I love pasta more than any other food. One of my favorite ways to eat it is covered in this tomato sauce.
It's the BEST tomato sauce for a few reasons:
- It's easy to make. Like throw everything in a pot and let it cook easy.
- It's delicious. Considering the simplicity of this tomato sauce, it's amazing how balanced it is.
- It's a great base for fancier pasta dishes, such as spaghetti and meatballs or bolognese.
If these reasons aren't enough to convince you that this sauce needs to be in your life ASAP, then you must not love pasta as much as I do.
Recipe: The Best Tomato Sauce
One of the easiest recipes I've ever written! An added bonus? It's finger licking good. Seriously. If my waist line would allow it, I would make and eat this pasta sauce at least once a week.
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes (I suggest splurging on San Marzano tomatoes. The better the tomatoes the tastier the tomato sauce)
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 onion chopped in 4 pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 parmesan rind optional - I buy mine at Harmon's. You can buy several in a container and it costs about $4.
- Salt and pepper to taste I would season after it has cooked for an hour because it becomes saltier the longer it cooks.
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan. Heat to a low simmer. Continue simmering for 1 hour. Stir it every 5-10 minutes so it doesn't stick to the bottom. If it starts to reduce too much, add some water. Take out the onion and parmesan rind. Using an immersion blender, blend the sauce until smooth.
- Enjoy on pasta and topped with parmesan cheese!
Additional Delicious Recipes
hi, I'm leslie
Whether it's through nutrition, mindfulness, spending more time with family, setting monthly goals, or just finding the things that make us happy in life, finding balance is the ultimate goal. Join me as I try and find balance in my own life.
Let's Stay In Touch!
© 2019 The Truthful Take. All Rights Reserved.