Easy, Delicious Weekly Meal Plans for Busy Moms!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
What makes classic mashed potatoes even better? Cream cheese. It adds nice tangy, creamy, and savory notes that truly make these mashed potatoes stand out. Honestly, before this recipe I was never a big mashed potato lover. But this recipe changed everything.
Right after making them, it's very hard to not eat the entire bowl. Once you start you can't stop!
They are also very easy to make. The most time consuming part is pealing the potatoes. But once that's done, you cut, boil, and assemble.
Mashed Potato Suggestions
You can make these mashed potatoes ahead of time. For example, you can make them the day before and reheat either in the microwave or 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
If you want to freeze:
Cool to room temperature. Cover in a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. Place in freezer. Freeze up to 3 months.
Take out of freezer and place in the fridge the day before eating. Reheat in microwave or 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
The Best Mashed Potatoes Recipe
These mashed potatoes are like heaven in a bowl. Creamy, tangy, buttery - they truly melt in your mouth.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes cleaned, pealed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 stick butter
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces
- ½ tsp salt more if needed
- 1/3 cup half and half more if needed
- Place diced potatoes in a large pot with cold water. Bring to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, lower heat so the water simmers. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
Drain potatoes and put them back in the pot used for boiling. Add butter, cream cheese, half and half, and salt. Use an electric mixer to combine until creamy. If the mixture is too thick add more half and half. Taste for seasoning.
- If you want to freeze: Let potatoes come to room temperature. Pour into a baking dish. Cover with a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. Put into freezer for up to two months.
- To thaw: Place potatoes in the fridge the day before you want to bake them. Once they have thawed, place in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through.
hi, I'm leslie
Whether it's through nutrition, mindfulness, spending more time with family, setting monthly goals, or just finding the things that make us happy in life (Real Housewives of New York anyone?!), working towards any semblance of balance is the ultimate goal. Join me as I go through a journey to find the best ways to go from Super Mom to the Do What Really Matters Mom.
Let's Stay In Touch!
© 2019 The Truthful Take. All Rights Reserved.