Easy, Delicious Weekly Meal Plans for Busy Moms!
It's kind of ridiculous how easy it is to make creamy pesto ravioli - boil ravioli, make simple sauce and EAT! It's that easy and even tastier than you would think. Since I'm a busy, working mom, the thought of making my own pesto sounds like a fun thing to do, but truthfully it's not going to happen. That's when bottled pesto comes in to play. And honestly, some bottled pestos are just as good as a homemade version.
Mix in some cream and pasta water and then you have a simple, yet delicious creamy pesto sauce. It's seriously that easy. This dish also makes excellent leftovers. You just reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute.
A few ideas to make this dinner fit your dietary needs:
- The pictures on this post are of Cappello's gluten free ravioli. I can't rave about these enough. You would have no idea they are grain free. Even if you're not a gluten free person, buy these. They are delicious.
- If you're wanting to add some healthy protein, my lemon chicken is an excellent option.
- Want to decrease the amount of cream? That's fine, just substitute it with 1/4 cup cream and 1/3 pasta water. Just keep in mind that it won't be as creamy.
Simple Creamy Pesto Ravioli
A creamy pesto sauce makes everything taste divine - especially ravioli!
- 2 packages of frozen or refrigerated raviolis about 20-24 total raviolis
- 1 cup pesto homemade or store bought
- ½ cup cream
- 1/4 pasta water
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add raviolis and cook according to the package. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water.
- In the meantime, add pesto and cream to a large pan. Heat on medium. Once the sauce comes to a boil, reduce to low. Add pasta water and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Add ravioli to sauce and top with parmesan cheese.
Other Recipes You'll Love
hi, I'm leslie
Whether it's through nutrition, mindfulness, spending more time with family, setting monthly goals, or just finding the things that make us happy in life, finding balance is the ultimate goal. Join me as I try and find balance in my own life.
Let's Stay In Touch!
© 2019 The Truthful Take. All Rights Reserved.