Easy, Delicious Weekly Meal Plans for Busy Moms!
Oh, how I love these shredded beef sandwiches. Inspired by Ree Drummond’s drip beef sandwiches, they are truly one of the easiest and most satisfying meals. You may think that adding an entire jar of pepperonis would make the beef spicy, but it doesn’t. The cooking process takes all of the heat out of the peppers. I suggest making these on a Sunday so you can enjoy the leftovers throughout the week.
Even though I love eating the shredded beef in sandwich form, you can easily skip the bread and eat it with rice, roasted veggies, or a side salad. The savory, richness of the meat pairs perfectly with my Italian salad.
Recipe: Shredded Beef Sandwiches
One of the most satisfying and easy recipes you'll ever make! Tender beef that is full of flavor. Don't worry the peppers don't make the beef spicy! They just add a nice acidity, which balances the richness of the beef.
- 1 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 16 ounce jar of pepperoncini (peppers and juice)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Hoagie rolls
- In a crockpot, combine all ingredients except the salt, pepper and hoagie rolls. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender.
- Take meat out of broth and let cool. Once it has cooled enough to handle, shred the meat. At this point, taste the meat for seasoning. If it needs salt and pepper, sprinkle it on. Since it's cooked in beef broth, which is very salty, you may find it needs little seasoning.
- Pour the cooking broth through a strainer into another bowl. You can dice the pepperoncinis up and combine them with the meat or discard them. It's personal preference.
- Pour the dipping broth in small bowls. Toast the buns in a pad of butter. Fill the buns with plenty of shredded meat. Dip sandwiches in the broth and enjoy!
Other Quick and Easy Slower Cooker Mains
hi, I'm leslie
Whether it's through nutrition, mindfulness, spending more time with family, setting monthly goals, or just finding the things that make us happy in life, finding balance is the ultimate goal. Join me as I try and find balance in my own life.
Let's Stay In Touch!
© 2019 The Truthful Take. All Rights Reserved.