Easy, Delicious Weekly Meal Plans for Busy Moms!
Sausages and grapes you ask? Why yes! It may sound like a strange combination but it's 100%, completely, unbelievably delicious. The sweet and salty combo is truly addicting. Cooking the grapes makes them sweeter, softer, and add a pop of delight to a dish that could seem overly rich. Finished off with a red wine and balsamic sauce makes it the perfect dish to eat with toasted garlic bread. Another reason I love this dish is the ease in making it. From start to finish it takes 45 minutes.
I think this dish is especially tasty with toasted garlic bread, fresh rolls or buttermilk biscuits. But If you're wanting to make it a healthier entree, I suggest making it with chicken sausage and skipping the bun. Instead, it pairs well with with wild rice and roasted veggies. You could also add the Italian salad to add some more greens.
Sauges and Grapes
This is the ultimate sweet and savory entree. The salty, rich sausages combined with the sweet grapes is strangely addicting. I especially love eating it with bread, but you could easy skip the gluten and eat it with brown rice with some roasted veggies.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 spicy Italian sausages
- 1/2 yellow onion thick slices
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium sized and oven proof saute pan, heat the oil at medium heat. Add onion slices, grapes, thyme, salt and pepper. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Place sausages on top of onion and grape mixture.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until sausages are done. Halfway through flip sausages and mix the onion and grape mixture so it doesn't burn.
- When the sausages are done place the pan on the stove top. Make sure to put an oven mit on the handle, so you don't burn yourself! Add the wine and balsamic vinegar. Turn heat on medium and reduce sauce for 2-3 minutes.
Other Main Dishes That Impress
hi, I'm leslie
Whether it's through nutrition, mindfulness, spending more time with family, setting monthly goals, or just finding the things that make us happy in life, finding balance is the ultimate goal. Join me as I try and find balance in my own life.
Let's Stay In Touch!
© 2019 The Truthful Take. All Rights Reserved.