Easy, Delicious Weekly Meal Plans for Busy Moms!
Sausage and Peppers Ideas
This is a great recipe because there are several ways you can switch it up. Some ideas include:
- Serve with toasted hoagie or pretzel rolls and serve as sandwiches.
- Place sausage and peppers in medium sized sauce pan, top with your favorite jarred tomato sauce, bring to a boil. Serve on pasta or hoagie roll. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve sausage and peppers with brown rice for a healthy alternative.
- Scramble eggs and toast some bread to serve with the sausage and peppers to create a "breakfast for dinner" feel.
- Slice the cooked sausages, place mixture in tortilla with cheese and make quesadillas.
If you're wanting extra sausage and peppers for leftovers, I suggest adding a few more sausages. You could also slice up an additional bell pepper and onion. Just make sure you have a large baking sheet, so the mixture sears and browns a bit, rather than steaming. If you're looking to make this recipe healthier, use chicken sausages. You can also use a variety of sausages, which makes it more fun.
Sausage and Peppers Sheet Pan
This quick and easy dinner, sausage and peppers sheet pan, is perfect for a weeknight. Serve with fresh bread and your dinner is served!
- 4 sausages any kind
- 2 red bell peppers sliced about ¼ inch thick. If they’re too thick they won’t cook in time.
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a baking sheet combine sausages, sliced bell peppers, sliced onions, oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Bake until sausages are cooked through - about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a baguette or rolls.
If you want extra for leftovers, I suggest adding 2-3 more sausages.
You can eat the sausage and peppers with rice, but I especially enjoy putting the mixture on a hoagie or pretzel roll.
If you are serving with baked beans, heat the beans in a medium sized pot. Once they come to a boil, turn to low until ready to serve.
Other Recipes You'll Love
hi, I'm leslie
Whether it's through nutrition, mindfulness, spending more time with family, setting monthly goals, or just finding the things that make us happy in life, finding balance is the ultimate goal. Join me as I try and find balance in my own life.
Let's Stay In Touch!
© 2019 The Truthful Take. All Rights Reserved.