Why I love Company Potatoes
I grew up eating these company potatoes. My mom would make them for the holidays or for birthday celebrations. Considering how tasty this dish is, you would think it would be harder to make. I actually made this as a side dish for dinner at my wedding reception. Everyone I make them for raves about them, so I suggest adding this recipe to your repertoire ASAP!
The first reason I love these potatoes is flavor. Obviously they are delicious and hard to stop eating once you start. But the second reason is ease. You through everything into a bowl, mix it, pour the mixture into a baking dish, and bake! You don't even have to chop the onion if you don't want to because grocery stores often have pre-chopped onion! Seriously - so easy.
One of the easiest and most satisfying recipes I'll ever produce. Company potatoes are a Utah classic and I've got to say my recipe is the best. They are creamy, hearty, and the perfect party food.
- 1 (2 pound) bag of cubed hash browns that has been thawed. I use Ore-Ida brand.
- 2 cans of cream of potato soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 onion finely diced (optional)
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese I use Kraft
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Next, place combined ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish. Then, top with the leftover 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Finally, bake uncovered for about 45-60 min or until golden brown on top.
In order for the hash browns to cook within an hour, you want the them to be thawed out, otherwise your cooking time will increase. To do a quick thaw, you can defrost them in the microwave.
If you don't want to dice the onion, then leave it out. The onion adds a nice sharpness to the potatoes, but it's not necessary.
hi, I'm leslie
Whether it's through nutrition, mindfulness, spending more time with family, setting monthly goals, or just finding the things that make us happy in life, finding balance is the ultimate goal. Join me as I try and find balance in my own life.
Let's Stay In Touch!
© 2019 The Truthful Take. All Rights Reserved.